Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Contribution of organised sports participation to estimated daily energy expenditure in youth.Pediatr Exerc Sci. 1998; 10: 378-386
- Contribution of youth sport to total daily physical activity among 6- to 12-yr-old boys.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007; 39: 1493-1500
- Patterns of activity energy expenditure among Australian adolescents.J Phys Act Health. 2004; 1: 246-258
- Recreational sports participation is associated with enhanced physical fitness in children.Res Sports Med. 2005; 13: 149-161
- Is the Canadian childhood obesity epidemic related to physical inactivity?.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003; 27: 1100-1105
- Children's self-concept and participation in extra-curricular sport activities. Self-concept motivation and identity: where to from here?.in: Proceedings of the third international Biennial self-research conference; 2004 July 4–7. University of Western Sydney, Berlin (Germany)2004: 399-408.
- Sports participation and health-related behaviors among US youth.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000; 154: 904-911
- Trends in children's physical activity and weight status in high and low socioeconomic status areas of Melbourne, Victoria, 1985–2001.Aust N Z J Public Health. 2005; 29: 337-342
- The relationship between socioeconomic status and adolescents’ organised and nonorganised physical activities.Pediatr Exerc Sci. 2004; 16: 210-218
- Physical activity among children and adolescents in Germany. Results of the German Health I Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents (KiGGS). Bundesgesundheitsblatt, Gesundheitsforschung.Gesundheitsschut. 2007; 50: 634-642
- Ethnic, socioeconomic, and sex differences in physical activity among adolescents.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 125-134
- Trends in physical activity behaviours and attitudes among South Australian youth between 1985–2004.J Sci Med Sport. 2007; 10: 418-427
- The predictive utility of the children's physical activity correlates (CPAC) scale across multiple grade levels.J Phys Act Health. 2006; 3: 59-69
- The youth physical activity promotion model: a conceptual bridge between theory and practice.Quest. 1999; 51: 5-23
- Assessing perceived physical environmental variables that may influence physical activity.Res Q Exerc Sport. 1997; 68: 345-351
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Information Paper: Socio-Economic Indices for Areas: Australia 2001. Canberra (Australia): Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2003.
- Sources and types of social support in youth physical activity.Health Psychol. 2005; 24: 3-10
- Factors that influence physical activity participation among high- and low-SES youth.Qual Health Res. 2006; 16: 467-483
- Parental provision of transportation for adolescent physical activity.Am J Prev Med. 2001; 21: 48-51
- Changing the way people think about health-enhancing physical activity: do mass media campaigns have a role?.J Sports Sci. 2004; 22: 771-790
- Analysing sports media texts: developing resistant reading positions.in: Wright J. McDonald D. Burrows L. Critical inquiry and problem-solving in physical education. Routledge, London2004: 183-196
- Socioeconomic factors in obesity: a case of slim chance in a fat world?.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2006; 15: 15-20
☆Disclaimer: This manuscript has not been published elsewhere, and is not being considered, or will be submitted for publication elsewhere until a final decision has been made as to its acceptability by this journal.