Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). Australia's welfare 2007. Cat. no. AUS 93. Canberra: AIHW; 2007.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). National Health Survey: summary of results 2004–2005. Cat. no. 4364.0. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2006.
- National physical activity guidelines for Australians.Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care, Canberra1999
- Ageing and physical activity: evidence to develop exercise recommendations for older adults.Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2007; 32 (doi:10.1139/H07-111): S69-S108
- National physical activity recommendations for older Australians: discussion document. A report to the department of health and ageing.National Ageing Research Institute, Melbourne2006
- Physical activity patterns of Australian adults: results of the 1999 national physical activity survey.Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Canberra2000 (AIHW Cat. no. CVD 10)
- Trends in population levels of reported physical activity in Australia, 1997, 1999 and 2000.Australian Sports Commission, Canberra2001
- Ageing well strategy 2004–2016.Shire of Melton, Victoria, Australia: City of Maribyrnong, City of Brimbank2004
- Physical activity and health: the evidence explained.Routledge, London2003
- Perceived barriers to walking for physical activity.Prev Chronic Dis. 2006; : A116
- Older adult perspectives on physical activity and exercise: voices from multiple cultures.Prev Chronic Dis. 2004; 1: A09
- Personal and environmental factors associated with physical inactivity among different racial–ethnic groups of U.S. middle-aged and older-aged women.Health Psychol. 2000; 19: 354-364
- Physical activity and behavioral medicine.Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA1999
- Environmental and policy interventions to promote physical activity.Am J Prev Med. 1998; 15: 379-397
Bird S, Radermacher H, Feldman S, Sims J, Kurowski W, Browning C, et al. Factors influencing the physical activity levels of older people from culturally diverse communities: an Australian experience. Ageing Soc; in press.
- 2006 census community profile series: western Melbourne (statistical subdivision).ABS, Canberra2006
- 2006 census of population and housing.ABS, Canberra2006
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Census of Population and Housing: Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA). Cat. no. 2033.0.55.001. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia; 2006.
- Challenges of recruitment and retention of older people from culturally diverse backgrounds in research.Ageing Soc. 2008; 28: 473-493
- International Physical Activity Questionnaire: 12-country reliability and validity.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003; 35: 1381-1395
- Neighborhood-based differences in physical activity: an environment scale evaluation.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 1552-1558
- Exercise in the oldest old: some new insights and unanswered questions.J Am Geriatrics Soc. 2002; 50: 2089-2091
- Relative influences of individual, social environmental, and physical environmental correlates of walking.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 1583-1589
- Correlates of adults’ participation in physical activity: review and update.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002; 34: 1996-2001
- Multilevel modelling of built environment characteristics related to neighbourhood walking activity in older adults.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2005; 59: 558-564
- Perceived barriers to walking in the neighbourhood environment and change in physical activity levels over 12 months.Br J Sports Med. 2007; (bjsm.2006.033340)
- Associations of perceived social and physical environmental supports with physical activity and walking behavior.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 440-443
- Measuring the influence of built neighborhood environments on walking in older adults.J Aging Phys Activity. 2006–2007; 14: 302-312
- “It is our exercise family”: expereinces of ethnic older adults in a group-based exercise program.Prev Chronic Dis. 2008; 5: 1-12