Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription.8th ed. Williams & Wilkins, New York2009
- Lactate threshold concepts how valid are they?.Sports Med. 2009; 39: 469-490
- Respiratory gas exchange indices for estimating the anaerobic threshold.J Sport Sci Med. 2005; 4: 29-36
- High muscle blood flows are not attenuated by recruitment of additional muscle mass.AJP: Heart Circ Physiol. 1995; 269: H1545-1552
- Renal neurohormonal and vascular responses to dynamic exercise in humans.J Appl Physiol. 1991; 70: 2279-2286
- Neural control of motor output: can training change it?.Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2002; 30: 59-63
- Borg's perceived exertion and pain scales.Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL1998
- A category-ratio perceived exertion scale: relationship to blood and muscle lactates and heart rate.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1983; 15: 523-528
- Comparison of three methods for measuring the time spent in physical activity.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000; 32: S457-S464
- Introduction: evaluation of some measurements of physical activity and energy expenditure.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000; 32: S439-441
- Evaluation of heart rate as a method for assessing moderate intensity physical activity.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000; 32: S465-S470
- ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription.7th ed. Williams & Wilkins, New York2006
- ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription.6th ed. Williams & Wilkins, New York2000
- Physical activity and health: a report of the surgeon general.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Physical Activity and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, International Medical Publishing, Atlanta, GA1996
- Compendium of physical activities: an update of activity codes and MET intensities.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000; 32: S498-S504
Department of Arts, Sport, the Environment and Territories [DASET]. Pilot survey of the fitness of Australians, Canberra; 1992.
- The evolving definition of ‘sedentary’.Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2008; 36: 173-178
- Physical activity and television watching in relation to risk for type 2 diabetes mellitus in men.Arch Int Med. 2001; 161: 1542-1548
- Television watching and other sedentary behaviours in relation to risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in women.JAMA. 2003; 289: 1785-1791
- Health benefits of physical activity: the evidence.CMAJ. 2006; 174: 801-809
- Breaks in sedentary time: beneficial associations with metabolic risk.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 661-666
- Objectively measured light-intensity physical activity is independently associated with 2-hr plasma glucose.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 1384-1389
- The association between television viewing and overweight among Australian adults participating in various levels of leisure-time physical activity.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000; 24: 600-606
- A guide and manual for implementation, analysis and reporting.AIHW, Canberra2003
- Physical Activity among South Australian Adults, September 2007.Population Research and Outcomes Studies Unit, SA Health, Adelaide2008
IPAQ. http://www.ipaq.ki.se/publications.htm [accessed July 2009].
Australian Bureau of Statistics [ABS 2009]. National Health Survey: summary of results, Australia, 2007–08. ABS cat. no. 4364.0. ABS: Canberra; 2009.
- Victorian Population Health Survey 2006.Department of Human Services, Victoria2007
- Risk Factor Prevalence Study Survey no. 3.National Heart Foundation of Australia, Canberra1989
- Determining energy expenditure during some household and garden tasks.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002; 34: 895-902
- Variability in energy expenditure and its components.Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2004; 7: 599-605
- Role of nonexercise activity thermogenesis in resistance to fat gain in humans.Science. 1999; 283: 212-214
- Comparison of surveys used to measure physical activity.Australian New Zealand Journal of Public Health. 2004; 28: 128-134
- Physical activity and public health: updated recommendation for adults from the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Heart Association.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007; 39: 1423-1434
- Trends in population levels of reported physical activity in Australia, 1997, 1999 and 2000.Australian Sports Commission, Canberra2001
AIHW. Australia's health. Category no. AUS 99, Canberra: AIHW; 2008.
- Meta-analysis of the effect of structured exercise training on cardiorespiratory fitness in type 2 diabetes mellitus.Diabetologia. 2003; 46: 1071-1081
- Relative intensity of physical activity and risk of coronary heart disease.Circulation. 2003; 107: 1110-1116
- Comparison of cardioprotective benefits of vigorous versus moderate intensity aerobic exercise.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97: 141-147
☆Exercise and Sport Science Australia and Fitness Australia.