Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Using recovery modalities between training sessions in elite athletes: does it help?.Sports Med. 2006; 36: 781-796
- Preventing overtraining in athletes in high-intensity sports and stress/recovery monitoring.Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2010; 20: 95-102
- Recovery Review – Science vs Practice.Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra2008
- Perceptions of elite coaches and sports scientists of the research needs for elite coaching practice.J Sports Sci. 2007; 25: 1577-1586
- Effectiveness of post-match recovery strategies in rugby players.Brit J Sports Med. 2006; 40: 260-263
- Effect of incorporating low intensity exercise into the recovery period after a rugby match.Brit J Sports Med. 2004; 38: 436-440
- Warm underwater water-jet massage improves recovery from intense physical exercise.Eur J Appl Physiol. 1995; 71: 431-438
- The influence of cold water immersions on adaptation following a single bout of damaging exercise.Eur J Appl Physiol. 2009; 105: 1-7
- Ice-water immersion and delayed-onset muscle soreness: a randomised controlled trial.Brit J Sports Med. 2007; 41: 392-397
- Effects of immediate post-game recovery procedures on muscle soreness, power and flexibility levels over the next 48 h.J Sci Med Sport. 2005; 8: 210-221
- Effect of selected recovery conditions on performance of repeated bouts of intermittent cycling separated by 24 h.J Strength Cond. 2004; 18: 855-860
- Reliability of measures obtained during single and repeated countermovement jumps.Int J Sports Physiol Perf. 2008; 3: 131-144
- Fast algorithms for mining association rules in large databases.in: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, VLDB, Santiago, Chile1994 (pp. 487–499)
- The WEKA data mining software: an update.SIGKDD Explor. 2009; 11
- The odds ratio.BMJ. 2000; 320: 1468
- Finding association rules that trade support optimally against confidence.Intell Data Anal. 2005; 9: 381-395
Hutchon DJ. Calculator for confidence intervals of odds ratio in an unmatched case control study. For example groups of cases and controls studied to assess a treatment or exposure to a suspected causal factor. Available from: http://www.hutchon.net/ConfidORselect.htm [cited 28.11.11]; 2011.
- Quantifying movement demands of AFL football using GPS tracking.J Sci Med Sports. 2010; 13: 531-536
- Analysis of Collisions in the 2009–2010 AFL Premiership Seasons, AFL Research Report.TrakPerformance Pty. Ltd, Adelaide2010
- The effect of recovery strategies on physical performance and cumulative fatigue in competitive basketball.J Sports Sci. 2008; 26: 1135-1145
- Changes in exercise performance and hormonal concentrations over a big ten soccer season in starters and nonstarters.J Strength Cond. 2004; 18: 121-128
- Changes in selected biochemical, muscular strength, power, and endurance measures during deliberate overreaching and tapering in rugby league players.Int J Sports Med. 2007; 28: 116-124
- Effects of cold-water immersion on physical performance between successive matches in high-performance junior male soccer players.J Sports Sci. 2009; 27: 565-573
- Neuromuscular and Endocrine responses of elite players during an Australian rules football season.Int J Sports Physiol Perf. 2008; 3: 439-453
- Perceptions of wellness over a competitive season in AFL football players.J Sci Med Sport. 2009; 12S: S1-S83
Burton B. Seasonal training loads for professional AFL players, unpublished honours thesis, 2007, University of South Australia, Adelaide.
- The use of ice in the treatment of acute soft-tissue injury: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.Am J Sports Med. 2004; 32: 251-261
- Effect of water immersion methods on post-exercise recovery from simulated team sport exercise.J Sci Med Sport. 2009; 12: 417-421
- Effect of hydrotherapy on recovery from fatigue.Int J Sports Med. 2008; 29: 539-544
- The use of cryotherapy in sports injuries.Sports Med. 1986; 3: 398-414
- Physiological response to water immersion: a method a sport recovery?.Sports Med. 2006; 36: 747-765
- Effect of cold water immersion on postexercise parasympathetic reactivation.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009; 296: H421-H427
- Influence of cold-water immersion on indices of muscle damage following prolonged intermittent shuttle running.J Sports Sci. 2007; 25: 1163-1170
Gregson W, Black MA, Jones H, et al., Influence of cold water immersion on limb and cutaneous blood flow at rest. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/Am J Sports Med 0363546510395497.