Abbreviations:DIBQ (Determinants of implementation behaviour questionnaire), NTPA (Non-treatment physical activity), PA (Physical activity), TDF (Theoretical domains framework)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Global Recommendations on Physical Activity for Health.2010 (Available at: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/44399/1/9789241599979_eng.pdf. [Accessed 25 June 2015])
- Impact of physical inactivity on the world’s major non-communicable diseases.Lancet. 2012; 380: 219-229
Commonwealth of Australia. Australia’s physical activity & sedentary behaviour guidelines for adults (18-64 years). Available at: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/health-pubhlth-strateg-phys-act-guidelines#apaadult. [Accessed 5 June 2015].
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Exercise. Available at: http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/Lookup/by%20Subject/4364.0.55.001∼2014-15∼Main%20Features∼Exercise∼29. [Accessed 6 June 2016].
- Global physical activity levels: surveillance progress, pitfalls, and prospects.Lancet. 2012; 380: 247-257
- Age, physical inactivity, obesity, health conditions, and health-related quality of life among patients receiving conservative management for musculoskeletal disorders.Clin Interv Aging. 2014; 9: 1069-1080
Australian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy in Australia. Available at: https://www.physiotherapy.asn.au/APAWCM/Physio_and_You/physio/APAWCM/Physio_and_You/physio.aspx?hkey=25ad06f0-e004-47e5-b894-e0ede69e0fff. [Accessed 22 April 2017].
- Physiotherapist-led physical activity interventions are efficacious at increasing physical activity levels: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin J Sport Med. 2017; 28: 304-315
- The dangers of inactivity; exercise and inactivity physiology for the manual therapist.Man Ther. 2011; 16: 209-216
- Physical activity promotion in the physical therapy setting: perspectives from practitioners and students.Phys Ther. 2010; 90: 1311-1322
- Health education strategies used by physical therapists to promote behaviour change in people with lifestyle-related conditions: a systematic review.HKPJ. 2012; 30: 57-75
- Factors associated with physical therapists’ implementation of physical activity interventions in the Netherlands.Phys Ther. 2014; 95: 539-557
- Measuring determinants of implementation behavior: psychometric properties of a questionnaire based on the theoretical domains framework.Implement Sci. 2014; 9 (p33)
- Making psychological theory useful for implementing evidence based practice: a consensus approach.Qual Saf Health Care. 2005; 14: 26-33
- A self-administered questionnaire for assessment of symptoms and function of the shoulder.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1997; 79: 738-748
- Focus on psychometrics: aspects of item analysis.Res Nurs Health. 1991; 14: 165-168
Physiotherapy Board of Australia. Physiotherapy registrant data: September 2015. Available at: http://www.physiotherapyboard.gov.au/About/Statistics.aspx. [Accessed 4 March 2016].
- SPSS Survival Manual: A Step by Step Guide to Data Analysis Using SPSS.McGraw-Hill International, Maidenhead (UK)2013
- Purposeful selection of variables in logistic regression.Source Code Biol Med. 2008; 3: 20
- Motivational strategies for returning patients with low back pain to usual activities: a survey of physiotherapists working in Australia.Man Ther. 2015; 20: 842-849
- Physiotherapy and physical activity: a cross-sectional survey exploring physical activity promotion, knowledge of physical activity guidelines and the physical activity habits of UK physiotherapists.BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2017; 3e000290
- Personal exercise habits and counseling practices of primary care physicians: a national survey.Clin J Sport Med. 2000; 10: 40-48
- Knowledge, attitude and practice of physiotherapists towards promotion of physically active lifestyles in patient management. BMC.BMC Health Serv Res. 2013; 13 (p21)
- Promoting physical activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: rheumatologists’ and health professionals’ practice and educational needs.Clin Rheumatol. 2011; 30: 1603-1609
- The physical therapist’s role in physical activity promotion.Br J Sports Med. 2009; 43: 99-101
- …like you’re pushing the snowball back up hill — the experiences of Australian physiotherapists promoting non-treatment physical activity: a qualitative study.AIMS Med Sci. 2018; 5: 224-237
- Factors influencing the introduction of physical activity interventions in primary health care: a qualitative study.Int J Behav Med. 2014; 22: 404-414
- Physical activity levels of physiotherapists across practice settings: a cross-sectional comparison using self-report questionnaire and accelerometer measures.Physiother Can. 2017; 69: 152-160
- Validation of the theoretical domains framework for use in behaviour change and implementation research.Implement Sci. 2012; 7 (p37)
- APA Dictionary of Psychology.1st ed. American Psychological Association, Washington, DC2007