Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Head injury trends and helmet use in skiers and snowboarders in Western Canada, 2008–09 to 2012–13: an ecological study.Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2017; 27: 236-244
- A sport concussion assessment tool (SCAT2) for use in snowsports: can the balance component of the tool be improved?.in: Snow Sports Trauma and Safety: Conference Proceedings of the International Society for Skiing Safety. 21st Volume. Springer International Publishing, Cham2017
- What tests and measures should be added to the SCAT3 and related tests to improve their reliability, sensitivity and/or specificity in sideline concussion diagnosis? A systematic review.Br J Sports Med. 2017; 51: 895-901
- The sport concussion assessment tool 5th edition (SCAT5).Br J Sports Med. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2017-097506SCAT5
- Evaluation of ski-binding-boot system safety using torque testing.in: Johnson R.J. Shealy J.E. Greenwald R.M. Skiing Trauma and Safety: STP1582. ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA2015
- Hospital-treated snow sport injury in Victoria, Australia: a summary of 2003–2012.Wild Environ Med. 2018; 29: 194-202
- Skiing and Snowboarding in Switzerland: Trends in Injury and Fatality Rates Over Time.Springer International Publishing, Cham2017: 29-39
- The King–Devick test of rapid number naming for concussion detection: meta-analysis and systematic review of the literature.Concussion. 2016; 1
- Press Release: Helmet Usage Continues to Trend Higher in Snowsports.Australian Ski Areas Association (ASAA), 2017
- Helmet Use Data, All Canada, 2008/9–2012/13: Adhoc Report.Canadian Ski Council, 2014
Australian Ski Areas Association. Alpine Responsibility Code. http://www.snow-australia.com/asaa/AlpineResponsibilityCode. 19th January 2011.
Canada West Ski Areas Association. Policy — Alpine Responsibility Code. https://cwsaa.org/policy/alpine-responsibility-code/ 19 January 2016.
- Ski helmets are required.Information Sheet. Worksafe BC, Vancouver, BC2013
CBC News. Brain Injury Association of Canada’s Richard Kinar Talks About the Need for Ski Helmet Manufacturers to Conform to Mandatory Canadian Safety Standards 2012.
- Is there a need for a ski helmet mandatory for children?.Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2012; 22: 448-450
Snow Sport Helmet Act. Nova Scotia, Canada; 2011.
- King–Devick test identifies symptomatic concussion in real-time and asymptomatic concussion over time. (S11. 003).Neurology. 2014; 82 (S11.003–S011.003)
- The King–Devick test for sideline concussion screening in collegiate football.J Optom. 2015; 8: 131-139
- Use of a rapid visual screening tool for the assessment of concussion in amateur rugby league: a pilot study.J Neurol Sci. 2012; 320: 16-21
- King–Devick concussion test performs poorly as a screening tool in elite rugby union players: a prospective cohort study of two screening tests versus a clinical reference standard.Br J Sports Med. 2018; (Published Online First: 21 March 2018)
- The King–Devick test was useful in management of concussion in amateur rugby union and rugby league in New Zealand.J Neurol Sci. 2015; 351: 58-64
- Use of the King–Devick test for sideline concussion screening in junior rugby league.J Neurol Sci. 2015; 357: 75-79
- The King–Devick (K–D) test and concussion diagnosis in semi-professional rugby union players.J Sci Med Sport. 2017; 20: 708-711
- Evaluation of the King–Devick test as a concussion screening tool in high school football players.J Neurol Sci. 2015; 356: 97-101
- Exploring overseas snowsport participation by Australian skiers and snowboarders.Tourism Rev. 2007; 62: 7-14
- Sports-related concussion increases the risk of subsequent injury by about 50% in elite male football players.Br J Sports Med. 2014; 48: 1447-1450
- The intrinsic value of visual information affects saccade velocities.Exp Brain Res. 2009; 196: 475-481
- Sideline concussion assessment: the King–Devick test in Canadian professional football.J Neurotraum. 2018; (Published Online:30 Apr 2018)
- Consensus statement on concussion in sport: the 3rd International Conference on Concussion in Sport held in Zurich, November 2008.Br J Sports Med. 2009; 43 (i76)
- Second language learning: an information-processing perspective.Lang Learn. 1983; 33: 135-158
- Visual performance of non-native versus native English speakers on a sideline concussion screen: an objective look at eye movement recordings (I13. 002).Neurology. 2016; 86 (I13. 002)