Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Exercise prescription for patients with type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes: a position statement from Exercise and Sport Science Australia.J Sci Med Sport. 2012; 15: 25-31
- Evidence on the effects of exercise therapy in the treatment of chronic disease.Br J Sports Med. 2009; 43: 550-555
- Clinical Oncology Society of Australia position statement on exercise in cancer care.Med J Aust. 2018; 209: 184-187
- Exercise: the miracle cure and the role of the doctor in promoting it.Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, London, UK2015
- Promoting physical activity: the general practice agenda.Br J Gen Pract. 2016; 66: 454-455
Australian Medical Association. Position Statement: Physical Activity — 2014. https://ama.com.au/position-statement/physical-activity-2014.
- General practice activity in Australia 2014–15.Sydney University Press, Sydney2015
- Primary care staff’s views and experiences related to routinely advising patients about physical activity: a questionnaire survey.BMC Public Health. 2006; 6: 138
- Success story: how exercise physiologists improve the health of Australians.Br J Sports Med. 2015; 49: 1028
- Levels and predictors of exercise referral scheme uptake and adherence: a systematic review.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2012; 66: 737-744
- Long-term effectiveness of the New Zealand Green Prescription primary health care exercise initiative.Public Health. 2016; 140: 102-108
Department of Health. Chronic Disease Management (formerly Enhanced Primary Care or EPC) — GP services. http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/mbsprimarycare-chronicdiseasemanagement. [Accessed 21 March 2017].
- Exercise physiologists emerge as allied healthcare professionals in the era of non-communicable disease pandemics: a report from Australia, 2006-2012.Sports Med (Auckland, N.Z.). 2014; 44: 869-877
- Australian health survey: physical activity, 2011–12.Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra2013
- General practice activity in Australia 2015–16.Sydney University Press, Sydney2016
- A new coding tool for computerised clinical systems in primary care—ICPC plus.Aust Fam Physician. 1997; 26: S79-S82
World Organisation of Family Doctors. ICPC-2: International Classification of Primary Care, 2nd ed. Oxford 1998.
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS). http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/D3310114.nsf/home/geography.
- A brief note on overlapping confidence intervals.J Vasc Surg. 2002; 36: 194-195
- Translating effective clinic-based physical activity interventions into practice.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: S45-S56
- The use of financial incentives in Australian general practice.Med J Aust. 2015; 202: 488-491
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia Annual Report 2017.Exercise & Sports Science Australia, Brisbane2017
- The descriptive epidemiology of total physical activity, muscle-strengthening exercises and sedentary behaviour among Australian adults — results from the National Nutrition and Physical Activity Survey.BMC Public Health. 2016; 16: 73
- Australia’s health 2016.AIHW, Canberra2016
- Health professionals’ perspectives in exercise referral: implications for the referral process.Ergonomics. 2005; 48: 1411-1422
- Attitudes, norms and controls influencing lifestyle risk factor management in general practice.BMC Fam Pract. 2009; 10: 59
- An evaluation of physical activity training in Australian medical school curricula.J Sci Med Sport. 2017; 20: 534-538
- Primary care providers’ perceptions of physical activity counselling in a clinical setting: a systematic review.Br J Sports Med. 2012; 46: 625-631
- Prescribing exercise for older adults: a needs assessment comparing primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.Gerontol Geriatr Educ. 2006; 26: 81-99
- The prevalence of diagnosed chronic conditions and multimorbidity in Australia: a method for estimating population prevalence from general practice patient encounter data.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0172935
- Increased diabetes incidence in greek and italian migrants to Australia: how much can be explained by known risk factors?.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 2330-2334
- Effectiveness of a clinician intervention to improve physical activity discussions in underserved adults.Family Pract. 2016; 33: 488-491
- Sex of the GP — 20 years on.Med J Aust. 2011; 195: 192-196