Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Executive summary from the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s second blue ribbon panel on military physical readiness: military physical performance testing.J Strength Cond Res. 2015; 29: S216https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000001037
- Relationship of strength and conditioning metrics to success on the army ranger physical assessment test.J Strength Cond Res. 2019; 33: 958https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000003044
- Recovery of endocrine and inflammatory mediators following an extended energy deficit.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014; 99: 956-964https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2013-3046
- Changes in Soldiers Nutritional Status & Immune Function During the Ranger Training Course.Army Research Inst of Environmental Medicine, Natick Ma1992 (. Accessed 12 March 2019)
- Physiological consequences of U.S. Army Ranger training.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007; 39: 1380-1387https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e318067e2f7
- Endocrine markers of semistarvation in healthy lean men in a multistressor environment.J Appl Physiol. 2000; 88: 1820-1830https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.2000.88.5.1820
- Nutritional and Immunological Assessment of Ranger Students with Increased Caloric Intake.Army Research Inst of Environmental Medicine, Natick Ma1994 (. Accessed 12 March 2019)
Fort Benning. Student Information. https://www.benning.army.mil/Infantry/ARTB/Student-Information/index.html. Accessed 12 March 2019.
- Lower limit of body fat in healthy active men.J Appl Physiol (Bethesda, Md 1985). 1994; 77: 933-940https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.19220.127.116.113
RAW PT, v.4.0. https://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75thranger/content/PDF/RAW%20Handbook%20Final%20v4.pdf. Accessed 12 March 2019.
- Comparison of three agility tests with male servicemembers: Edgren Side Step Test, T-Test, and Illinois Agility Test.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2013; 50: 951-960https://doi.org/10.1682/JRRD.2012.05.0096
- Test-retest reliability, criterion-related validity, and minimal detectable change of the Illinois agility test in male team sport athletes.J Strength Cond Res. 2013; 27: 2752-2759https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3182890ac3
- Incorporation of physical fitness in a tactical infantry simulation.J Def Model Simul. 2013; 10: 235-246https://doi.org/10.1177/1548512911421343
- The multistage 20 metre shuttle run test for aerobic fitness.J Sports Sci. 1988; 6: 93-101https://doi.org/10.1080/02640418808729800
- A maximal multistage 20-m shuttle run test to predict VO2 max.Eur J Appl Physiol. 1982; 49: 1-12
- Validity and reliability of the 20 meter shuttle run test in military personnel.Mil Med. 2011; 176: 513-518https://doi.org/10.7205/MILMED-D-10-00373
- A multinational study to develop universal standardization of whole-body bone density and composition using GE Healthcare Lunar and Hologic DXA systems.J Bone Miner Res. 2012; 27: 2208-2216https://doi.org/10.1002/jbmr.1654
- Use of dual X-ray absorptiometry to measure body mass during short- to medium-term trials of nutrition and exercise interventions.Nutr Rev. 2013; 71: 332-342https://doi.org/10.1111/nure.12025
Harman EA, Frykman PN The relationship of body size and composition to the performance of physically demanding military tasks. Body composition and physical performance. https://eurekamag.com/research/002/527/002527149.php. Published 24 February1992. Accessed 12 March 2019.
- Perspectives on resilience for military readiness and preparedness: report of an international military physiology roundtable.J Sci Med Sport. 2018; 21: 1116-1124https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2018.05.005
- Perspectives on aerobic and strength influences on military physical readiness: report of an international military physiology roundtable.J Strength Cond Res. 2015; 29: S10-S23https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000001025
- Effects of military load carriage on susceptibility to enemy fire during tactical combat movements.J Strength Cond Res. 2015; 29: S134-S138https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000001036
- Validity, reliability, and performance determinants of a new job-specific anaerobic work capacity test for the Norwegian Navy Special Operations Command.J Strength Cond Res. 2016; 30: 487-496https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000001041
- Physical fitness predictors of a warrior task simulation test.J Strength Cond Res. 2018; 32: 2562-2568https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000002607
- Regional fat placement in physically fit males and changes with weight loss.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1996; 28: 786-793
- Physical performance and metabolic recovery among lean, healthy men following a prolonged energy deficit.Int J Sports Med. 1997; 18: 317-324https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-972640
- Impact of physical fitness and body composition on injury risk among active young adults: a study of Army trainees.J Sci Med Sport. 2017; 20: S17-S22https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2017.09.015
- What risk factors are associated with musculoskeletal injury in US Army Rangers? A prospective prognostic study.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473: 2948-2958https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-015-4342-6
- Core stability measures as risk factors for lower extremity injury in athletes.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004; 36: 926-934https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000128145.75199.C3
- Injury rates and injury risk factors among federal bureau of investigation new agent trainees.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 920https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-920