Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- A systematic review of the psychological and social benefits of participation in sport for children and adolescents: Informing development of a conceptual model of health through sport.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2013; 10: 98https://doi.org/10.1186/1479-5868-10-98
- Systematic review of the health benefits of physical activity and fitness in school-aged children and youth.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2010; 7: 40https://doi.org/10.1186/1479-5868-7-40
- Physical activity: Health impact, prevalence, correlates and interventions.Psychol Health. 2017; 32: 942-975https://doi.org/10.1080/08870446.2017.1325486
- Participation in domains of physical activity among australian youth during the transition from childhood to adolescence: A longitudinal study.J Phys Act Health. 2020; 17: 278-286https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2018-0705
- Understanding the contexts of adolescent female participation in sport and physical activity.Res Q Exerc Sport. 2013; 84: 157-166https://doi.org/10.1080/02701367.2013.784846
- Organized sport participation is associated with higher levels of overall health-related physical activity in children (champs study-dk).PLoS One. 2015; 10e0134621https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0134621
- Bidirectional associations between sport involvement and mental health in adolescence.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2017; 49: 687-694https://doi.org/10.1249/mss.0000000000001142
- Results from canada's 2018 report card on physical activity for children and youth.J Phys Act Health. 2018; 15: S328-s330https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2018-0454
- Results from australia's 2018 report card on physical activity for children and youth.J Phys Act Health. 2018; 15: S315-s317https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2018-0418
- Results from the united states 2018 report card on physical activity for children and youth.J Phys Act Health. 2018; 15: S422-s424https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2018-0476
- Socio-ecological predictors of participation and dropout in organised sports during childhood.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2014; 11: 62https://doi.org/10.1186/1479-5868-11-62
- The ecological approach in health promotion programs: A decade later.Am J Health Promot. 2008; 22: 437-442https://doi.org/10.4278/ajhp.22.6.437
- Associations between sports participation and psychological difficulties during childhood: A two-year follow up.J Sci Med Sport. 2015; 18: 304-309https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2014.05.006
- Parental socioeconomic status, adolescents' screen time and sports participation through externalizing and internalizing characteristics.Heliyon. 2020; 6e03415https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2020.e03415
Bronfenbrenner U. The ecology of human development. Harvard university press. 1979.
- Health, chronic conditions, and behavioral risk disparities among u.S. Immigrant children and adolescents.Public Health Rep. 2013; 128: 463-479https://doi.org/10.1177/003335491312800606
Lacoste Y, Dancause KN, Gosselin-Gagne J et al. Physical activity among immigrant children: A systematic review. J Phys Act Health. 2020:1-12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2019-0272.
- Drivers of overweight/obesity in 4-11 year old children of australians and immigrants; evidence from growing up in australia.J Immigr Minor Health. 2019; 21: 737-750https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-018-0841-3
Australia's children. Australian institute of health and welfare. https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/children-youth/australias-children/contents/background/australian-children-and-their-families12th January 2022.
- Sports participation and parent-reported health-related quality of life in children: Longitudinal associations.J Pediatr. 2014; 164: 1469-1474https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2014.01.071
- Longitudinal study of australian children data user guide—november 2015.Australian institute of family studies, Melbourne2015
New country classifications by income level: 2018-2019. Https://blogs.Worldbank.Org/opendata/new-country-classifications-income-level-2018-2019. . Accessed 2020 28 October.
- Longitudinal changes in domains of physical activity during childhood and adolescence: A systematic review.J Sci Med Sport. 2019; 22: 695-701https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2018.12.012
- Exploring factors influencing childhood obesity prevention among migrant communities in victoria, australia: A qualitative study.J Immigr Minor Health. 2018; 20: 865-883https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-017-0620-6
- Age profiles of sport participants.BMC Sports Sci Med Rehabil. 2016; 8: 6https://doi.org/10.1186/s13102-016-0031-3
- Intergenerational continuity and discontinuity in mexican-origin youths' participation in organized activities: Insights from mixed-methods.J Fam Psychol. 2011; 25: 814-824https://doi.org/10.1037/a0025853
- Emotional and behavioral problems in migrant children and adolescents in europe: A systematic review.Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2014; 23: 373-391https://doi.org/10.1007/s00787-013-0485-8
- Associations between sports participation, adiposity and obesity-related health behaviors in australian adolescents.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2013; 10: 113https://doi.org/10.1186/1479-5868-10-113
- Sibling influence on physical activity and sport participation: Considerations for coaches.Strategies. 2016; 29: 24-28https://doi.org/10.1080/08924562.2016.1181593
- The impact of socioeconomic position on sport participation among south australian youth.J Sci Med Sport. 2010; 13: 318-322https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2009.04.007