- To determine age-matched death rates of current and retired elite male Australian football players (Australian and/or Victorian Football League) with the general population.
- Investigate the determinants of hamstring fascicle length in professional rugby league players.
- There is no research examining alcohol-related aggression and anti-social behaviour in UK or European sportspeople (athletes), and no research has examined relationships between masculinity, alcohol consumption, and alcohol-related aggression and antisocial behaviour in sportspeople (athletes). This study addresses this gap.
- Evidence suggests that stress-induced changes in testosterone and cortisol are related to future competitive behaviours and team-sport outcomes. Therefore, we examined whether salivary testosterone and cortisol reactivity to a mid-week stress test can discriminate a match outcome in international rugby union competition.
- Research is equivocal regarding endurance performance benefits of external nasal dilators, and currently research focusing on internal nasal dilators is non-existent. Both devices are used within competitive cycling. This study examined the influence of external and internal nasal dilation on cycling economy of motion and 20-km time trial performance.