- To examine the incidence and survival rates of sudden cardiac arrest that were documented during school organized sports in Japan.
- To determine the maximal isometric neck strength of male and female rugby and football (soccer) athletes, and to investigate the relationship between neck strength and sport played, sex, age, anthropometric measurements and concussion history.
- To provide normative data and establish percentile curves for long-course (50 m pool length) swimming events and to compare progression of race times longitudinally for the various swimming strokes and race distances.
- To identify the causal relation between growth velocity and injury in elite-level youth football players, and to assess the mediating effects of motor performance in this causal pathway.
- Conduct a large-scale epidemiological study of injury characteristics (location, type, mechanism, severity, burden) and incidence in community junior rugby league.
- To describe secular trends in the prevalence of overweight and obesity in Australian children in each state and territory.